Photography tells a story that words can’t. I love finding unique beauty in every stage that life brings. Your story, however mundane you think it may be, is unique. I want to capture that for you, whether it be a newborn with oh-so-tiny details, two people who are ready to spend forever together, or the love between family. My philosophy is to keep things simple. The images should speak for themselves – minimal guided poses, real moments, raw smiles and genuine emotion.
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
- I’m a wife, mama of three sweet boys: Elijah, Gabriel and Lucas.
- Baby # 4 is due November 1, 2017. Yes, we're waiting to find out the gender. I have a feeling we have another boy on the way.
- Our family lives in the one and only Wahoo, Nebraska (north of Lincoln and east of Omaha).
- My favorites: spending time with family, traveling, baking, drinking coffee/tea, reading, anything Anthropologie, decorating and updating my 1920's home, antiques...
- I also work as a nurse. It is an amazing thing to care for people at some of the most challenging moments in their life. So must trust is built there. I try to tie my nursing experiences into my photography; living in the moment, capturing real emotion, and telling a story through your eyes. I have to say, I'm honored and privileged to get to do what I do.
IN MY BAG
I am a Canon girl through and through. My main camera is my 5D Mark III. Fixed lenses are my favorite, and my 35 mm f 1.4 L rarely leaves my camera body! I also use a 50 mm f 1.8, 85 mm f 1.8 and 60 mm Macro for portraits and details. As far as post-processing goes, I alway shoot in RAW and manual mode. I cull my images using Adobe Bridge, tweak in Lightroom CC to get a basic edit, then finalize with actions in Photoshop CC.
LET'S GET SOCIAL